Acupuncture



Yesterday I had some Acupuncture on my elbow that I injured several weeks ago in the gym.

I hadn't been able to fully rest it as I use my hands and arms all day in clinic,plus I'm not the best patient myself..so continued going to the gym as well!

Enough was enough though when I struggled to adjust my patients correctly and the pain became too much.


I'm thankful that I have James in the room across from me,so he put me on his table and inserted 4 needles in to the acupressure points then used electro-stimulation of the needles.

Today it feels about 90% better already,I'm a very happy chappy :)

Acupuncture is an ancient form of Chinese healing which balances the body,mind and spirit.Very fine sterile needles are inserted into the body at carefully selected points to stimulate the body's own healing processes. These points lie on pairs of channels that cover the body and through which "qi" (pronounced "chee") flows. Traditional Chinese medicine likens these channels to the rivers of China,which provide a communication and nourishment system for the whole body.

There is a large body of scientific data from animal and human studies that seeks to explain the mechanisms of acupuncture. Current reviews have shown that acupuncture promotes the production of "endorphins" that relieve pain,improves the immune system,regulates blood flow and hormones,is anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic,and improves your overall feeling of wellbeing.

Acupuncture has been used in Western pain management since the 1970s.

I work in closely with James our Acupuncturist to ensure that the patient is treated holistically to get the best end result for the patient.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What will the last ten years of your life look like?

The Power of Chiropractic

Create the fear then retract it