Recommitting to your health goals



I had one of those mornings this morning. Feeling flat,tired and generally out of sorts.

I put it down to my 'cheat' day yesterday. Being a Sunday I ate what I wanted and had a day off exercise. I paid for it. While the cheat days are a vital part of tricking your body and changing up your metabolism,it can certainly affect your moods in more ways than you can imagine.


So when it came time to hit the gym today,a part of me wanted to opt out,and I tried all sorts of excuses to just go and put my feet up!


But as I say to my patients who are seeking health and exercise advice.."The hardest part about exercising is actually getting your shoes on and getting out the door!!"

But it does go to show just how easy it is to "get off the wagon" and lose sight of our Health and Wellness goals...and the longer we stay off track and off focus,the harder it is to claw it back.

It wasn’t that long ago that many of us resolved to make changes in our lives.

What happened?

Consider some of the traits of those who keep new, healthier habits:

They believe in their ability to change. They know that keeping old habits and forming new ones are choices that are within their control.

They don’t blame themselves or make excuses. Instead of giving up after “falling off the wagon,” they dust themselves off and recommit to their goal.

They learn from their mistakes, and resolve not to repeat them. They concentrate on measurable results. They track their progress.

They make change a long-term lifestyle decision. Abandoning unhealthy habits requires thinking long term.

If you’ve fallen out of the habit of exercise,clean eating and regular, preventative chiropractic care, it’s not too late! Get back on track today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What will the last ten years of your life look like?

The Power of Chiropractic

Create the fear then retract it